1. Basmati rice in pressure cooker
- Wash Basmati rice well and soak it for half an hour.
- Drain the water completely.
- Add water in the ratio 1:2 means For 1 cup of rice, add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles and switch it off .
- When the pressure goes off , open the cooker and fluff the rice gently with a fork so that the rice grains do not break and become mushy.
2. Basmati rice in a pan over stove
- Use Basmati rice 1 cup and a pan with a lid
- Wash, soak rice for 30 minutes and drain the water completely.
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil. Add drained rice.
- Keep the flame in low and close it with a lid and cook
- Once the rice gets cooked, switch off the flame and let it sit for 5 minutes.Then open the lid and fluff the rice carefully with a fork .
3.Rice Cooker method
- Wash, soak rice for 30 minutes and drain the water.
- Add 2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice in the vessel that comes with the rice cooker and switch on the rice cooker.
- It will switch off automatically once done or else you switch off the rice cooker once the rice is cooked.
4.Cooking rice with excess water over stove
- After washing, soaking and draining the rice, instead of adding correct measurement of water, add more water than required and bring it to boil.
- Add drained rice, keep the flame low and cook.
- Once it is cooked, drain the excess water in a colander.
- Make sure that the water is completely drained before using the rice