Mutton Biryani(Easy version)
- Basmati Rice – 2 cups
- Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato- 2(chopped)
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 tbsp
- Green chilly- 4
- Coriander leaves -1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Green peas -1/2 cup
- Chilly powder- 1 tsp
- Cashews and raisins
Ingredients for marination
- Mutton-1/2 kg(cut them in small pieces)
- curd-2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste-2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala-1/4 tsp
- ghee or oil-2-3 tbsp
- Fennel seeds -1/4 tsp
- Bay leaf-1
- Cut,Clean and drain excess water from mutton.
- Marinate mutton with the ingredients for marination and cover it and keep aside for at least 1 hr(marinating the mutton is the very important step.so don’t avoid marination)
- Wash and soak rice in water for at least half an hour.
- Heat Ghee in a pressure cooker, add the tempering ingredients saute for couple of minutes…add onion, half of the mint leaves & coriander ,sprinkle little salt and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell leaves.
- Add in green chilly & chopped tomato and saute till tomato turns soft n mushy.
- Now add the marinated mutton, chilly powder and saute for 5 minutes.
- Then add 1 cup water and enough salt stir well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.(depend on the type of mutton)
- Once done switch off the stove and allow the pressure to cool down then open the lid.
- Check whether the mutton is cooked well.if not keep it for 1 whistle more.
- Once it starts boiling add soaked & drained rice and (don’t mix the rice with the mutton layer now )cook till rice done or u can pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- You can also cook without pressure, cook in medium high heat till the 80% water drained, after that lower the heat to low and then cover the vessel with clean kitchen towel then put the lid and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Finely garnish with fried onions,cashews and raisins..keep the cooker closed with lid for some time…before serving carefully mix the rice with the mutton layer below.
- Delicious mutton biryani is ready..