- Greengram-1 and 1/4 cup
- Water-2cup (for soaking)+1/2 cup (for cooking)
- Coconut grated-1 and 1/2 cup
- Jaggerysyrup-3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder-2tbsp
- Ghee-1 1/2 tbsp
- Oil- for deep frying( as required)
For the coating:
- Maida-1 cup
- Rice flour-1/2 cup
- Water -1 cup
- Turmeric powder- a pinch(for color)
- Soak Green gram in 2 cups of water for minimum 2 hours.Drain the green gram after 2 hours .
- Cook the green gram using 1/2 cup water in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles.The measurements must be accurate ..If water is used more ; the green gram will be overcooked and you wont be able to mold the balls.Avoid adding salt since this a sweet dish.
- Switch off the flame and allow to cool down.After the pressure releases open the cooker.
- Melt jaggery in just enough water to form syrup.strain for impurities.Jaggery can be adjusted as per the sweetness required.Keep the water limited to get the syrup concentrated.
- In a bowl transfer the cooked green gram,grated coconut,cardamom powder ,ghee and mix well using hands.Add jaggery syrup little by little and form balls.
Preparing the coating:
Take another bowl.Add in Maida,rice flour and turmeric powder.Add water little by little and mix well using hands ..enure not to form any lumps.The batter must be of semi thick consistency.i.e if you dip the balls in the batter it must not sink.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadai for deep frying the sukhiyan balls.
- Dip each balls in the batter and deep fry in a kadai .Drain them to paper towels once they turn golden yellow.
Serve hot with evening tea.
Thanks And Regards