- Freshly grated coconut or desiccated coconut -2 cups
- Semolina (Rava)-1 cup
- Sugar-1 1/2 cups
- Melted ghee-1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
(if using fresh coconut )
- Dry roast the semolina in a non-stick pan on a slow flame for 3-4 minutes.Switch off the flame, add the coconut and mix well. Keep aside.
- Add sugar and 1 cup of water in a sauce pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for around 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep this sugar syrup aside to cool .
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and add the semolina-coconut mixture, cashew nuts and raisins, mix well and cook on medium flame for 6 minutes, stir continuously.
- Add the sugar syrup, saffron(optional) and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a plate and spread it evenly using a flat ladle. Keep aside to cool for 2 hours.
- Once cooled, scrape out the mixture from the plate and mix well.
- Divide dough into equal portions and shape each portion in between your palms into a round ladoo.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.These ladoos stay fresh in an air-tight container for a week at room temperature.
(If you are using desiccated coconut)
- Roast semolina until nice aroma arise, ensure it doesn’t turn brown.Switch off and cool down for a while.Transfer to a mixer jar and grind it a slightly fine powder.Take sugar in a mixer, grind it to a fine powder and Set aside.
- Measure desiccated coconut.In a mixing bowl – take powdered sugar,semolina and desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Heat ghee and fry raisins and cashews .
- Add the fried nuts and raisins to semolina -coconut mixture along with cardamom powder and mix well with a ladle.
- Add Ghee little by little and keep mixing.Ensure there are no lumps.
- Shape them into small ladoos.Once cooled store them in airtight container.This will stay for 5 days in room temperature.
- Always use hot ghee .It helps in forming well shaped ladoos.
- Never add the entire ghee in one go, add little by little so that we can have control over ghee.
- You can use half milk and half ghee.But when milk is used Rava will become soft ; with ghee it will be crisp always.
Thanks And Regards