This Dish can be made as Prawn Masala or if you wish ;you can make them extremely dry.Both the versions will be good accomplishment for even plain rice.If you deep fry the prawns it will taste even better but its always good to do shallow fry on heath aspects.This is a very quick and tasty side dish ..Do try it out..
- Prawn – 500gms
- Coconut Oil – 4 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 2-4 sprigs
- Shallots/Pearl Onions – 10-12
- Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper – 1 tsp(freshly crushed)
- Ginger-Garlic Paste -1 tbsp each
- Salt – As required
- Grind the ingredients listed 4 till 10 into coarse paste without water.
- Clean your prawns well ; wash and drain water completely.Marinate with the ground paste for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan,add curry leaves and fry till they release a nice aroma, add the marinated prawn and mix well.
- Saute for 10 minutes, cover and cook .No need to add water since water will be released from prawns itself.
- Stir in intervals and cook for another 10-15 minutes or until prawn gets cooked and becomes dry.
- Pour in extra coconut oil and u can make the prawns crispy fry.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy this spicy and tasty prawn fry.
Thanks And Regards