- Beef cut into cubes- 1 Kg
- Ginger,finely chopped-2.5 tsp
- Garlic,finely chopped- 2.5 tsp
- Shallots sliced-1 and 1/4 cup
- Coconut slices-1 cup
- Kashmiri chili powder-2 tbsp
- Coriander powder-2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Vinegar or fresh lemon juice-4 tsp
- Onion ,sliced-2 cup
- Curry leaves-3 to 4 sprigs
- Garam masala powder-2 tsp
- Black pepper powder
- Salt-to taste
- Water-as required
- Coconut oil-as required
For Masala :
- Fennel seeds- 2tsp
- Cinnamon – 2″ piece
- Cloves- 8 nos
- Star anise- 4 small pieces
- Whole black pepper- 1/2 tsp
- Roast and powder all the ingredients listed under ‘ For masala ‘ in a blender.Grind it to a fine powder.
- In a mixing bowl, combine together beef,powdered masala,ginger,garlic,shallots,coconut slices,kashmiri chili powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder,vinegar and salt to taste.Keep aside for half an hour.Cover and cook the marinated beef adding sufficient quantity of water,until tender.( you can use a pressure cooker ,if desired)
- Uncover and cook until all the water is absorbed.
- Now,heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.Add onion and curry leaves,saute until it turns golden brown.Now add the cooked beef , garam masala and black pepper powder.Mix well until combined.( Add more salt if required)
- Saute on a medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes ,until it turns dark and dry,stirring well in between.
- Serve with rice or tapioca.
- Adjust the quantity of black pepper according to your taste.
- Garnish with green chilies ,if desired.
Thanks And Regards