- Cauliflower – 1 Medium sized cut into florets
- For the batter:
- Cornflour – 3 tbsp
- Maida(all purpose flour) – 2.5 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- For the Manchurian:
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 1.5 tbsp sliced thin
- Spring onion white – 1 tsp
- Spring onion green – 1 tbsp
- Big Onion – 1 chopped finely
- Green Chilly sauce – 3/4 tsp
- Soya sauce – 1/8 tsp
- Tomato sauce – 2.5 tbsp
- Cornflour – 2 tsp mixed with 3 tbsp water(optional)
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Mix all the above ingredients listed under ‘for the batter’ with very little water to form a thick paste.Boil water and add cauliflower florets, salt and turmeric powder. Cook only till half boiled, drain water and keep aside.
- Marinate the boiled cauliflower florets in the batter, mix well and leave it marinated for 15 mins.Toast them in dosa tava(this will allow the batter get well coated on florets and make them crispy before deep frying) .Then deep fry them till golden brown or until crispy.
To make the Manchurian sauce
- Heat oil and add sliced garlic,spring onion white and saute for 2 mins .
- Add onion and saute till it soften and changes color.
- Now add the green chilly sauce, soya sauce mix well in high flame for a minute.
- Simmer the flame ,add the tomato sauce and 1/4 cup water, if u want to thicken the sauce you can add cornflour water mixture ;allow it boil and bring it to a sauce consistency.Now add in the fried cauliflower. Mix well again for 3-4 minutes for the flavors to get blended well with the cauliflower.
- The cauliflower pieces should be crisp and not soggy at this stage.Finally add pepper powder and garnish with spring onion green and switch off.
- Garnish with spring onions and Serve hot! You can also garnish with coriander leaves if you wish
- To make a dry version keep the tomato sauce content reduced so that the cauliflowers are well coated in the sauce.
- Deep frying the cauliflowers allows for more crispy version. Also you can add 1/2 cubed capsicum after frying onions.
- Adding cornflour water mixture is purely optional – this is make the sauce thick.Serve immediately before it becomes soggy.
- Soya Sauce shouldn’t be used above the quantity mentioned.It will result in change in color and taste of the dish.
Thanks And Regards