- Shelled & deveined Prawns / Shrimp – 200 gm
- Grated coconut– 2 Cups
- Shallot – 20 Nos
- Curry leaves – 2 Sprigs
- Chilli powder– 3 Tea spoon
- Coriander powder – 2 Tea spoon
- Cocum(kudampuli)– 2
- Fenugreek- a pinch
- Mustard seeds – ½ Tea Spoon
- Coconut Oil– 2 Table Spoon
- Salt– To taste
- Take a heavy bottom skillet, add grated coconut along with 1/4th of the shallots and curry leaves. Roast till it reaches golden brownish color. Now add dry red chilies and simmer the flame.
- Add all spice powders one by one and dry roast it till the raw smell goes and dark in color. (Note : Take care not to burn the spices while roasting.)
- Let this mixture cool and then grind it to a fine paste using little water.
- In a Meenchatti or in a pan (preferably manchatti) , add 1 tbsp of coconut oil; add and saute the sliced (remaining )shallots, curry leaves till it reaches light golden color.
- Add cocum extract into it and allow it to boil for 4-5 minutes by stirring occasionally. (Note : Add 1/2 cup of water if needed)
- To this add prawns, and the roasted ground paste into it; adjust the salt and cook till the gravy thickens to a curry consistency. (Note : You can see oil starts floating in the top.)
- Heat the coconut oil in small frying pan and add curry leaves and dry chillies,fenugreek, saute for a second and pour the spice-infused oil over the curry.
- Remove from the fire and cover it; allow it to stand for 30 minutes before serving. (Note : This will help the dish to absorb the flavor
- Serve hot with steamed rice and Enjoy!
Thanks And Regards