- 1 1/2 cup(s) sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup(s) whole milk
All ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Grease the baking dish with butter & line with baking paper.
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in the butter one heaping 1/4 teaspoonful at a time, on low speed, until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Beat in the sugar a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture resembles fine damp sand. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and milk, and beat on medium-high, just until blended. Do not overbeat.
- Pour into the prepared pan
- keep the baking pan in microwave and cook on medium for 5 minutes…The baking time can vary depending on the microwave power & also the size of the pan used.
- Keep checking in between and when u feel the cake springs back.,Insert a tooth pick and if it comes out clean the cake is cooked well ..Now allow the pan to be in microwave for around 10-15 minutes.when the time is elapsed take out the pan and allow to cool outside for 20-25 minutes.
- Invert the cake from the pan .
- If required decorate the cake with frosting.Cakes cooked in microwave will not get the brown on the outer side.
Notes:Cake made in microwave texture will differ from the traditional oven cakes .