- Fresh Prawns – 1/2 kg
- Potato – 2 large (boiled)
- Shallots- 1 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Green Chillies – 3 to 4(Chopped finely)
- Curry leaves – few
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 3 tsp(adjust to taste)
- Garam Masala- 2tsp (adjust to taste)
- Bread Crumps – 1/2 cup
- Egg- 2
- Salt – as per taste
- Clean and de-vein the prawns.See how to clean prawns. or click the image below.
- Wash with salt and drain all water
- Marinate with turmeric powder and chilly powder ,salt and keep aside for minimum 15 minutes
- Shallow fry the prawns (this makes the cutlet more tasty)and mince finely
- Meanwhile cook potatoes and smash them well
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped shallots, green chilly , ginger, garlic, curry leaves and saute well. Add the minced prawns and saute well till it turns dry.Add in Garam masala and pepper powder.
- After cooling down,Make them into small sized round shaped (lemon size) balls and press in your palm.Flatten a little bit.
- Make bread crumbs from fresh bread by using a chopper or food processor. Then make the cutlets, dip it in egg mixture and coat it with bread crumbs.
- In another pan, heat the oil in medium flame.
- Now place the prawn cutlets in the oil and fry till they becomes brown in colour. (Do not over fry it)
Filter the oil in kitchen towel.
Hot prawn cutlets are ready to be served .