- Maida – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Butter(at room temperature) – 1/4 cup
- Oil -2 tbsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Oil – as required for deep frying
For the sugar syrup:
- Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Water – 3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- lemon juice -1 tsp
- Melt butter, In a mixing bowl add melted butter, curd, oil,baking powder, sugar and mix it well. Now add maida and mix.
- Mix well , it will look like bread crumbs. Then add water little by little to form a soft dough. Knead it again for 10 mins. Divide lemon sized balls and keep aside. Allow it to rest for 10 mins.
- Start shaping the badushas. You can make decorative ends as swirls(check the video to make swirls) or simply shape like doughnuts by pressing the balls, with your thumb in the middle .
- When you shape Badushas should be smooth without any cracks .For that the dough should be kneaded to a soft dough
- Add sugar and water in a pan to make the sugar syrup. When the sugar syrups forms to a single string consistency then add cardamom powder and lemon juice(lemon juice is required to avoid crystallization), keep aside.
- Fry the badushas parallel to preparing the sugar syrup.
How to fry the badusha
- To get perfect layered badushas do as below:
- heat oil in a pan add in a pinch of batter if it rises quickly the oil is heated perfectly for frying. Now add 3-4 badushas and immediately switch off the stove.Let the badushas get cooked in the preheated oil.When the cooking sound leave and the bubbles disappear, then switch flame on. Keep in medium low flame, flip it to other side once it gets browned on one side and fry until golden brown(Do not fry in high flame).
- Follow the same procedure for frying the remaining badushas.
- Drain it in tissue then add it to the prepared sugar syrup immediately. Dip well on both sides, keep immersed for 2 mins and then transfer it to a tray with butter paper.
- Once the sugar syrup turns non-sticky you can store them. It tastes good when left for 2-3 hours, the sugar syrup seeps well inside.
Thanks And Regards