How to clean the crab:
- Turn the crab on its back and remove the triangular shaped flap called the “apron” and discard.
- Hold the crab vertically and pull the top shell (called the carapace) away from the body and set aside.
- Remove the gills/lungs and discard. Remove the mandible (mouth) and discard.
- Rinse the body and and then cut or break in half down the center .(if the crabs are big)
- Cut the legs into sections through the body.
- Gently crack the legs with the back side of a heavy knife.
- Clean the crab pieces thoroughly using water .